I had a mother-in-law who liked to make this recipe for get togethers. She never would give me her secret recipe but I convinced a friend to give me hers.
Mama’s Banana Split Dessert
- 2 c. graham cracker crumbs (approximately 10-12 full crackers)
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. butter or margarine, melted
- 1 c. sugar
- 2-8 oz pkgs cream cheese, room temperature
- 1-20 oz can crushed Pineapple, drained
- 4 ripe bananas, thinly sliced
- 1 c. strawberries, thinly sliced
- 2 c. cold milk
- 1 large box instant vanilla pudding
- 1-8 oz container of Cool Whip
- 1 c. pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Maraschino cherries
- Chocolate syrup
- 1-2 graham crackers, crushed
In a medium sized bowl, mix together the crust ingredients.
Press into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan. Set to the side.
In a mixing bowl beat together sugar and cream cheese until well blended.
Gently spread over cookie crust.
Layer with the pineapple, sliced bananas, and sliced strawberries.
In another bowl mix together the milk and vanilla pudding and set to the side.
Remove 1 cup of Cool Whip and fold into pudding. Spread the pudding over bananas.
Spread remaining Cool Whip over pudding and sprinkle with nuts and crushed graham crackers.
Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Top with cherries.
Chill for 4-5 hours before serving.